Application Administrator Full-time Job1 month ago - Information & Communication Technology - Wellington - 16 views
- Application Administrator, permanent, full-time
- Are you a self-starter who has significant experience with the support, management and configuration of HR/Payroll Systems?
- Do you consider yourself to be solution-focused and to have strong quantitative, analytical and time management skills?
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting an Application Administrator to join the HR Technology team.
We are looking for a highly organised self-starter with exceptional customer-focus who can take the initiative in providing reliable operational support in the configuration, development and support of HR and payroll related business system applications.
Your solution focussed attitude, ability to easily locate information on systems, ability to simplify and communicate technical information to end-users and ability to lead technical configuration and data related workstreams to develop and enhance our applications will see you thrive and succeed in this role.
You will relish working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team and have the ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting the needs of end-users, with the deadlines for project-related activity.
- Provide system administration support for assigned HR/Payroll applications, including monitoring and maintaining processes, security, data integrity, controls and configuration
- Analyse and resolve problems, providing temporary and/or permanent solutions to enable operational tasks to be performed optimally
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to support the implementation of new HR/Payroll systems and processes, ensuring system changes are appropriately assessed, planned, documented, tested and meet agreed requirements
- At least four years experience supporting, maintaining and configuring HR/Payroll systems, preferably modular cloud-based technology suites in a medium to large environment.
- Ability to build credibility with users, and non-technical staff, manage customer and stakeholder expectations and able to convey technical and functional ideas and concepts in a simple and easy to understand way
- Strong quantitative, analysis and troubleshooting skills, able to identify root causes and offer clear solutions to customers
Contact details for vacancy
Important - application steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click the apply now button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or permanent residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand:https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation firstname.lastname@example.org with any further supporting documents stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Why you should join our team
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand's globally ranked capital city University, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world. The University values the expertise of its professional staff in supporting and enabling teaching, research and engagement activities.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi. We care about your privacy and personal information. You can review the University's privacy notice or alternatively find out more about working at the University by clicking here
Applications close Monday, 28 September 2020.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.