Clinical Nurse Coordinator - POADMS Full-time Job1 month ago - Healthcare & Medical - Whangarei - 13 views
Are you a Registered Nurse who wants to make a difference to patient experience of first line health services?
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join us in a role that offers the opportunity to use your clinical, analytical, and innovative skills, with the ability to be pro-active in re-design and to enjoy autonomy while also being part of a wider team. Working across the primary care environment you will interact with general practice, NDHB teams, and other primary and community care services.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator will join our POADMS’s (Primary Options Acute Demand Management Service) and Coordination of Services team in supporting the Primary Options programme.This position has the flexibility to be based in Whangarei or the Mid North.
The primary options programme coordinates an acute response from primary and community care services with the aim of supporting care delivery in the community and reducing the need to disrupt patients and whanau by referral to hospital services.
Key functions of this position include:
- Rapid co-ordinated response to community and hospital based health providers
- Management of referrals and pathways
- General practice and provider relationships and service utilisation management
- Coordination and administration of POADMS clinical records and packages of care
This is a busy role, and requires someone who is self-motivated, passionate and excited to be able to provide a high level of clinical coordination support including liaising with our POADMS team at the NDHB and other healthcare and social professionals in our Northland Community. This role supports general practices in how to utilise the POADMS service and to provide the best access to care and services for their patients through this programme.
The position description for this role, which can be downloaded from our website, encompasses an afterhours coordination component in the mid north, however this is negotiable and is currently under review.
Essential skills required for this position are:
- Current Registered Nurse
- Recent and proven high quality clinical coordination and administration skills with the ability to demonstrate initiative and aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and make sound and justifiable decisions in this programme
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate to Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge or understanding of the primary care environment
An understanding of primary healthcare would be an advantage.
You must have NZ Residency or a current NZ work visa to apply for this position.
If you meet the above criteria and are keen to improve patient experience and quality health outcomes in our community please apply by forwarding your covering letter, CV and Application for Employment, which is available for download from our website www.mahitahihauora.co.nz, to Joanne Mason, HR Assistant at HR@mahitahihauora.co.nz.
Applications close on
Wednesday 30th September 2020
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA THE SEEK WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ONLY AS PER INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.