Crisisline Coordinator Full-time Job1 month ago - Administration & Office Support - Auckland - 14 views
About the role
We are seeking a confident Crisis-line Centre Coordinator to join our high pace, successful case management and crisis response team where you will be constantly kept on your toes. As the first point of contact of all those who are seeking our services, you are in the hub of action! You are to be able to engage skillfully in volunteer and staff management, crisis response, and case work.
Preferred candidate must have either a degree in psychology, counselling or social work.
The candidate must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Capacity of analyzing issues from feminist perspective.
- Previous experience in management/coordination capacity, with strong relationship management skills.
- Be able to coordinate crisis work and provide supervision; previous experience in case work or crisis management will be an advantage.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional telephone attendance skills.
- Full and clean driving licence and own transport.
- Multi-lingual; spoken language skills in at least one Asian, Middle Eastern or African language in addition to English.
- Data-base entry knowledge.
- Excellent command of oral and written English; strong report writing skills.
- Strong attention to details; organised and methodical.
- An understanding of the complex dynamics surrounding family and gender violence.
- Ability to engage in gender and cultural analysis.
- Passion for social justice.
Skills and experience
This role requires someone who is:
- A empathetic, good listener
- Passionate about working with women and children and ensuring their safety, and promoting social equality.
- Motivated to be an integral part of social change
- Willing to put in the extra mile for a worthy cause
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Able to maintain flexibility to deal with the demands of providing a crisis response
The role provides 24/7 services (based on roster), respond to crisis call outs and ensures that client situations are accurately assessed. Successful applicant will be part of a stimulating environment perfect to hone your social work skills with a government accredited service provider.
You will be offered the opportunities that come with being part of an ever-growing national organisation.
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.