Customer Care Specialist Part-time Job1 month ago - Administration & Office Support - Auckland - 17 views
YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
This is a great opportunity to hit the ground running and make a positive difference. Reporting to the Operations Manager this role is responsible for delivering exceptional frontline customer service to our existing and new customers, assisting and encouraging programme and membership sales, carrying out administration support and much more. We require someone to work approximately 25 hours per week. The majority of the shifts will consist of evenings and weekend work. Monday to Sunday.
What will you be doing?
- Creating a welcoming and friendly environment for customers, both new and existing
- Providing reception services, including customer queries and cash handling and cashing up
- Administration, till reconciliation and data entry tasks associated with customer enrolments, memberships, bookings and subsidies
- Promote and sell all programmes, services and retail items offered within the Centre
- Ensuring your documentation/record keeping is correct and following YMCA process and policy
- Working as part of a team but also on your own initiatives
- Keeping a clean working environment
What experience/skills do you need?
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A good understanding of computers and membership systems is an advantage
- An ability to convert customers to members
- Cold calling of leads to convert to sales would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, actively listens, draws out information and follows through
- High work standards, pays attention to detail and initiates self-checking procedures, ensures high levels of accuracy and consistency
- Ability to prioritise, plan and set objectives and goals and use time effectively
- Credibility and professional integrity, act and dress in a manner that conveys high personal and professional standards, while engaging with colleagues, customers, parents and children
What the YMCA offers:
- Specific job and safeguarding training with opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A great team, organisational culture
- Career opportunities
- YMCA buying privileges and discounts including free gym membership
- Onsite car parking
YMCA North is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by sending your CV and cover letter to Karen.Anitelea@ymcaauckland.org.nz
All applicants must currently hold the right to work in New Zealand.
We will be assessing applications as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community-focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.