Digital Channels Content Coordinator Full-time Job1 month ago - Advertising, Arts & Media - Wellington - 13 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join this mahi in the role of Digital Channels Content Coordinator.
Working closely with the Head of Digital Channels, Senior Digital Content Editor, and many others across the museum, the Content Coordinator will:
- Support business units across Te Papa, and coordinate content updates to ensure Te Papa's museum and commercial offerings are up-to-date and well understood
- Support the creation of engaging, audience-focused digital content ensuring digital channels and audiences are a core part of a wider Te Papa programme
- Advise other Te Papa staff on digital content production processes, principles, standards, and styles to achieve audience-focused digital content that significantly enhances the Te Papa experience.
To be successful in the role, you'll bring:
- 2-4 years' proven experience in managing and/or editing engaging digital content for a variety of platforms and media, including website text, audio and visual content, and blogs
- Ability to create, edit, and research engaging text in plain English, combining attention to detail with creativity and input from many stakeholders
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress, user-focused content structures and information architectures, Microsoft Office, basic HTML, and photo editing (e.g. using Photoshop)
- An understanding of the principles of digital content production and writing across devices, iterative development and continuous improvement in digital products, and content lifecycles
- A passion and empathy for the user, a keen understanding of audiences, user research, testing, and journeys, UI and UX and accessibility, including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Familiarity with te reo Māori/te ao Māori, publishing bilingual/multilingual content, and the Treaty of Waitangi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to show initiative and enthusiasm while working to tight deadlines on multiple projects, and creating timely content in response to current events
- Understanding of the importance of SEO and how to produce content optimised for search and in response to audience needs and audience metrics (via Google Analytics or similar).
This position offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of growing Te Papa's reach beyond the museum walls, to more New Zealanders, in meaningful and impactful ways. The position has a starting salary range of $55,000 to $65,000.
To apply, please provide a cover letter (no more than two pages) describing how your skills and background fit with this role and your ambitions for it, and a CV (no more than four pages) that details your relevant work experience. All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand and questions about this position can be sent to Adrian Kingston, Head of Digital Channels, email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 4 October
Within Te Papa, the Audience and Insight (A&I) directorate leads an integrated approach to how our visitor-facing activities connect people, taonga and stories. Audience-centric and strongly collaborative, the directorate brings together the activities of programme development, audience research and evaluation, marketing and communications, digital strategy, and content and exhibition design.