Finance Manager / Cost Accountant Full-time Job1 month ago - Accounting - Manukau City - 16 views
The overall purpose of the role is to provide timely and accurate financial advice and analysis to the General Manager and management team. The Finance Manager/ Cost Accountant. is accountable for all areas related to financial reporting. You will develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will also be responsible for managing, coaching and developing the Finance team and ensuring the work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, cost accounting and actively supports budget and forecast activities. The position will also maintain contact with the company’s Directors, General Manager and Management Team and therefore requires strong interpersonal communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strategy and Business Support – Support and work closely with the Site Manager or Designated Manager on growth strategy, company development, and corporate finance matters;
- Financial Management – Manage the overall financial function of the business to ensure compliance with all necessary legislation and to organize and supervise the financial activities to facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the business on a day to day basis;
- Cost Accounting – Manage and oversee production related costs and control systems, manage and interpret cost audits, prepare, maintain and continuously improve cost accounting systems and reporting;
- Risk Management – Identify, monitor and report on risks, including taking responsibility for overseeing the risk register and suggesting solutions that enable the business to minimize, monitor and control risks within acceptable levels and following up with team members on any corrective actions requiring attention;
- Finance Policies – Manage the delivery of finance policies, processes and practices.
Education, qualification, and work experience requirements:
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Excel experience
- 3-5 years in a similar financial and cost accountant role in a manufacturing organization
- Expert level experience in an ERP system
- Competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Conscientious of both stated and implied deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical skills that allow for interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
Special Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Public Account (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) designation is essential.
If this sounds like you, please click "Apply now" and also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org