Management Accountant Contract Job1 month ago - Accounting - Wellington - 17 views
- Work across the Ministry to provide high quality and insightful financial advice to help driver better business performance
- Dynamic environment with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Fixed-term position for immediate start to April 2021
- Salary range $79K - $94K depending on experience
About the role:
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for providing key support to the Finance Business Partner team by ensuring effective financial management of the Ministry's internal business groups. This support is given by the providing high quality and insightful financial advice to the business to help drive better business performance.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Providing insightful financial management performance and forecasting advice to drive improved business performance.
- Partnering with business managers to develop and update business group budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor performance against approved input budgets and appropriations and challenge managers as appropriate around expenditure and forecast accuracy.
- Proactively identify and communicate financial risks and opportunities to ensure effective decision making and financial management.
- Provide training and advice to Business Branches to ensure that they comply with the Ministry's financial policies, legislative requirements and best practice.
- Assist in identifying financial management capability gaps within business groups and implementing an action plan to address this.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Finance Business Partners and Business Branch customers
We are looking for candidates available for an immediate start for a fixed-term contract ending April 2021.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for:
- Experience in driving outcomes and managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Experience undertaking in depth financial analysis and providing advice to inform decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to confidently convey complex financial information simply and concisely
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
- Experience coordinating the preparation of operating and capital budgets
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven
- Proven experience in working within culture of continuous improvement
- Tertiary qualification in accounting supported by at least 5 years relevant work experience
- NZICA Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents and be CAANZ qualified or equivalent
About the branch:
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within F+P, works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch is the conduit between F+P and the business groups.
The F+P is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1482821 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 22nd September.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
Mahi Tahi - Better Together
Maia - Bold and brave
Pae Kahurangi - Build our Future
Pono Me Te Tika - Own It