Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
• Large commercial environment
• Genuinely supportive team
• Fixed term parental leave cover role based at Wakari Hospital with free, on-site parking
Rare opportunity to join our friendly and efficient payroll team, delivering exceptional service across the Southern DHB.
Payroll here at the Southern DHB is a varied and busy role supporting the payroll function for a team of more than 4,000 employees throughout the Southern region. We are an experienced, friendly and hard-working bunch who support each other to provide the best possible service for the organisation.
About the opportunity
One of our team members are adding to their family and their period of parental leave has created an exciting opportunity to come and join us as Payroll/HRIS Administrator on a fixed term basis through to March 2022. You will be providing support, advice and above all an efficient and accurate payroll service across our diverse organisation. Along with our 5 existing Administrators the key responsibilities of your role will be:
• Providing system support, advice and services to the organisation
• Ensuring that all employees receive accurate and timely Payroll/HRIS services
• Assisting with reporting related activities
This role is working Monday to Friday during standard office hours with flexibility on start and finish times to allow you a balance with commitments outside of your working life.
The salary for this position is in line with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Employees Collective Agreement and currently ranges from $49,580 to $57,259 – starting salary will be based on relevant skills and experience.
We are on the lookout for a team player who will bring their knowledge and experience within payroll to actively contribute to the smooth running of the service. Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Commercial payroll experience and an understanding of the end-to-end payroll process
• High level of computer literacy particularly within Excel and other Microsoft applications
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in your approach and the ability to work well in an agile environment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
If this all sounds like you and you love the idea of using your skills to support the health of our region, apply today!
Closing Date: Sunday 14th March 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.